The Carolina Coast is a place of peace, beauty and history. Known for its illustrious white sand, pristine waters and iconic lighthouses, millions flock to our beaches each year to spend time with their loved ones and create lifelong memories. Our coastline is more than just a body of water, it's a definitive part of our Carolina culture. From Lowcountry South Carolina to the OuterBanks of North Carolina, our shores have been shared and treasured for generations.
Carowinds has proudly been the place where the Carolinas come together for over 40 years, and because of that proud heritage we share with the Carolina coast, we are pleased to introduce Carolina Harbor Waterpark! In a continued celebration of our states' cultures, we've brought a bit of the Carolina coast to our region with the largest waterpark expansion in Carowinds history. Boomerang Bay has been completely transformed, and Carolina Harbor is now the largest waterpark in the Carolinas. Best of all, entry is included with the price of admission to Carowinds.
In addition to its new name, guests can all enjoy the following NEW additions in 2016:
- New Waterpark Entrance - Come and go as you please with a new convenient entrance with direct access
- Surf Club Harbor Wave Pool - A state-of-the-art 27,000 square-foot wave pool that features 12 water geysers
- Blackbeard's Revenge - A towering six story tall water slide complex featuring three attractions and six exhilarating slides
- Seaside Splashworks - Part of our new two-acre family area, this water structure features over 80 elements including a 423-gallon tipping bucket
- Kiddy Hawk Cove and Myrtle Turtle Beach - These two new family-fun zones are fully equipped with features for both parents and children
- New and Renovated Restaurants - In addition to several enhanced restaurants, Harbor House and Schooners are two new premiere dining destinations
- Additional Cabanas - You'll find more than shade in our 40 new luxurious cabanas
- More Lounging Chairs - An additional 1,100 lounging chairs are available for guests to relax and enjoy the sun
- New and Upgraded Facilities - In addition to upgrading family changing areas, a new bathhouse has been added
Your favorites from Boomerang Bay haven't gone anywhere! They're even better with awesome enhancements and new themes. Carolina Harbor features a combination of thrills, relaxation and family fun, including twice the number of water slides than before.
Carolina Harbor is that latest phase in a $50-million plus, multi-year expansion at Carowinds, which was kicked off in 2015 with the addition of the world's tallest and fastest giga coaster - Fury 325! This historic announcement is yet another reason why Carowinds is the premier entertainment destination of the Carolinas.