06 Jan New Year Update
- Clearing all land and moving over 47,000 cubic yards of dirt
- Completing 95% of the steel placement for Blackbeard’s Revenge
- Completing 75% of all painting and re-theming on current slides
- Started construction on all pump house structures for new attractions
- Started renovations on main bathhouse
There is still a lot of work to do, but considering how extensive and large the Carolina Harbor expansion will be, we’re off to a strong start. To put it in perspective, here are just a few stats that showcase the scale of the expansion and transformation.
- The overall size of our waterpark will increase by over 40%
- About 168,500 square-feet of concrete will be laid throughout Carolina Harbor
- Over 480 pieces of steel will be used to build the new water slides
- Over 300 workers will work an estimated 280,000 hours to complete the project, compared to only 240,000 hours it took to complete Fury 325
On December 16 we invited several members of the media to take a hardhat tour of the construction site. For a summary and to read featured articles, click here.
A New Year Awaits at Carolina Harbor
With 2016 now upon us and Carolina Harbor’s grand opening not too far away, things will really start to pick up speed. Despite our area’s recent heavy rainfall, our construction teams are working diligently to complete upcoming projects and stay on schedule.
We are currently working on utility projects and will soon start installing the hardware and mechanics into the pump houses for the new attractions. We’ll also be laying concrete for Seaside Splashworks and Surf Club Harbor in the next few weeks if the weather participates in our favor.
There is still a lot of work to be done, but it won’t be long before Carolina Harbor becomes the ideal destination for those hot summer days in the Carolinas. Best of all, it will still be included with the price of admission to Carowinds.
Jump-start your ultimate summer today with a 2016 Gold Season Pass to Carowinds. As a season passholder, you’ll receive early entry into Carolina Harbor and unlimited entry all summer long – plus tons of other exclusive perks. If you’re looking to make the most out of the New Year, click here and buy today!
For a complete listing of new waterpark attractions and amenities, click here.
This blog is made possible with from the contribution from Steve Jackson, director of maintenance; Bob Gesell, manager of construction and facilities; and Phillip Allan, manager of rides maintenance.